Friday, December 6, 2013

It's Apartment Tour Time!!

Hi hi hi hi! I just came back from spending 10 days up north with my family for Thanksgiving. I had all of these grand plans for posting while I was away, but instead I just sat around eating turkey and spending time with loved ones. I'm pretty sure I gained about 500 pounds. Worth it.

Anyways, I'm back now and it's time to show off this kickass apartment we rented. The husband and I still haven't quite adjusted to how much cheaper it is to live here compared to New York. Sometimes I just look around and wonder how the hell we are affording this place. Then I remember that we're paying less than what we were paying in New York for three times the space and my head explodes.

Ok. So. Pictures! Yay!


We were super lucky and scored a 2 bedroom corner unit on the top floor.


This is our little entryway. Even though there is a nice coat closet as soon as you walk in the husband still insists on leaving his shoes in the middle of the floor. He's awesome.


Woo, kitchen with a bar?! I'm in love! I don't have photos right now, but behind that door is a kickass laundry room. I've already done a bit of work in that room so I figured I'd save it all for another post.


View from the kitchen of our dining area with built-in shelves and desk.


If you stay in the kitchen and rotate to the left a bit you've got a view of our living room. But all I can focus on is the fireplace. I mean, they are actually giving us permission to set things on fire?! This place is unbelievable!


Master bedroom with a weird porthole that I have no idea how to cover and that makes me feel like I'm on a boat. Also a door! To the outside!


Master bathroom that for some reason has both a full-size garden tub and a shower stall. I mean, I'm not really complaining, but it just seems unnecessary!


Super awesome master bedroom walk-in closet.


Nondescript 2nd bedroom and bathroom.



And finally, the crowning jewel of our apartment... The ginormous balcony! A friend of mine dared me to do a cartwheel on it. I guess the photo doesn't do our balcony justice because she is doesn't believe me when I tell her it's ginormous. Also, I think we are all just jaded from living in New York too long and just can't believe that balconies like this actually exist in real life. So I haven't tried it yet, but it's definitely possible so.... Challenge accepted!


Our stunning view of more apartment buildings. Whatever. I'm not complaining, I'm just happy that we even have a balcony large enough for me to do cartwheels on!


So that's that. We are totally heads over heels in love with this place. The photos aren't the greatest, but now that we've finally settled in and I'm starting to decorate I can't wait to share more detailed posts and photos. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment