Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Yea I'm a few days late and yea, I took an unintentional hiatus last month, but I promise I have a really good explanation for that. Except I'm not going to talk about that right now. That's a post for another day that I may or may not write. I mean, come on... You've seen my track record on this blog. Don't hold your breath.

Anyways, I last left off with a not so great apartment tour and now it's time to chat about what needs to happen in order to make this place not look like some college kid's first apartment. So let's do the room by room thing and we can make a game out of how many things I will completely give up by the end of the year!



Entryway
- Get a nice year-round wreath for the door. The Christmas one is dying a slow, sad death and needs to go.
- Hang gallery wall.
- Get a nice basket for the husband to put his shoes in since he doesn't quite grasp the concept of a coat closet.

Kitchen
- Frame and hang art.
- Reorganize cabinets because they are a disaster.
- For the love of God and all that is holy, get a new set of dishes.
- Save wine bottles and line them up on upper cabinets. So cliche. I know. And I don't care.

Living Room
- GET OUR GOD DAMN COUCH. We were told it would take 6-8 weeks to come in. It's been 8 weeks and 1 day. Yes, I am counting.
- Find a nice entertainment center for our TV.
- Settle on some sort of mantle decor.
- Buy some table lamps. There is nowhere near enough lighting in this room.
- Hang narcissistic wedding canvas above said couch, if it ever arrives. (The couch, not the canvas.)

Master Bedroom
- Get curtains.
- Hang wall art.
- Do something with that damn circular window.
- Possibly buy a small nightstand.
- Table lamps. And throw pillows!!
- Swap out bedding for the one in the guest room.

Master Bathroom
- Holy crap, this room is actually in okay shape. This is really weird, but I would like a soap dispenser for this room. Oh and a bath mat.

Guest Bedroom
- Get a mattress for the lonely bed frame.
- Hang wall art.
- Hang curtains.
- Table lamps. Noticing a trend yet? Give me all the table lamps.

Guest Bathroom
- Gather some bathroom "amenities" like extra shampoo/soap, etc. Y'know, all of the things I usually forget to bring with me when I'm traveling.
- Decide if I want to hang wall art in this room. I keep going back and forth.

Balcony
- Get some patio furniture and possibly hang some sheer curtains to try and ward off the god damn spiders that have made this balcony their home. Bastards.

Whoosh. It seems like a lot, but a lot of it is already underway and 90% of it is hanging up wall art that I already have, but have been too lazy to deal with. Everything else probably just won't get done.

Oh and since this is not a picture heavy post, here is a photo of world's saddest living room:


Yes, we are using camp chairs as a couch and yes, we are using an end table as an entertainment center. Here's hoping 2014 brings me a grown-up apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment