Monday, February 3, 2014

February Project Updates

So last month I put together a big ass list of things I would like to do around our apartment this year. I actually put a pretty good dent in this list so far so I figured I would keep myself accountable with monthly updates.

Here we go!

Entryway
- Get a nice year-round wreath for the door. 
- Hang gallery wall.
- Get a nice basket for the husband to put his shoes in since he doesn't quite grasp the concept of a coat closet. (Note: I bought one, but the husband didn't like it. Trying to figure out a Plan B.)

Kitchen
- Frame and hang art.
- Reorganize cabinets because they are a disaster.
- For the love of God and all that is holy, get a new set of dishes.
- Save wine bottles and line them up on upper cabinets. (In progress.)

Living Room
- GET OUR GOD DAMN COUCH. (Still waiting.)
- Find a nice entertainment center for our TV.
- Settle on some sort of mantle decor.
- Buy some table lamps. There is nowhere near enough lighting in this room.
- Hang narcissistic wedding canvas above said couch, if it ever arrives. (The couch, not the canvas.)

Master Bedroom
- Get curtains.
- Hang wall art.
- Do something with that damn circular window.
- Possibly buy a small nightstand.
- Table lamps. And throw pillows!!
- Swap out bedding for the one in the guest room.

Master Bathroom
- Holy crap, this room is actually in okay shape. This is really weird, but I would like a soap dispenser for this room. Oh and a bath mat.

Guest Bedroom
- Get a mattress for the lonely bed frame.
- Hang wall art.
- Hang curtains.
- Table lamps. Noticing a trend yet? Give me all the table lamps.

Guest Bathroom
- Gather some bathroom "amenities" like extra shampoo/soap, etc. Y'know, all of the things I usually forget to bring with me when I'm traveling.
- Decide if I want to hang wall art in this room. I keep going back and forth.

Balcony
- Get some patio furniture and possibly hang some sheer curtains.


Woohoo! So much progress! The kitchen and the guest room are looking pretty damn fine at this point, so I'm hoping February will be the month of the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment