Wednesday, November 28, 2012

M-I-C-K-E-Y...

M-O-U-S-E!

That's right, folks. I am just crossing things off my list left and right! I recently booked my flight and hotel for that magical place in Orlando, Florida.

I have been to Disney five times now and it is seriously one of my favorite places in the world. I have always considered Mickey my buddy, probably because we share a birthday and I can't wait to see him again! Unfortunately Jason won't be able to join me due to time off restrictions, but he does really want to go one day so maybe I can actually sneak in two trips before I turn 30. (Do I smell an anniversary trip...?)

Instead, myself and four other friends will be jetting down to fabulous Florida in February for four nights and five days (have I mentioned how much I love alliteration?). I am super stoked and have really enjoyed planning out this trip. I swear I was a travel agent in a past life because I have loved scoping out deals and getting this done for as cheap as possible (which is the goal).

We're staying on campus, as I like to call it, at Disney's Pop Century Resort. I have stayed at many of Disney's resorts including their All-Star Sports Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort and Beach Club Resort. Yea, that last one was definitely my favorite, especially because I got to stay there for next to nothing thanks to a friend who worked at that particular resort. Unfortunately I no longer have any friends with Disney connections so it's been up to me and the Internetz to find some good deals.

For our flight I signed up for Kayak's flight alerts and snagged tickets from JFK for around $170 round-trip. I also stalked Hotels.com like a crazy person until I found a deal for $85 a night. Finally, I have been following Mousesavers, Undercover Tourist and TouringPlans.com for advice and deals.

I have to say, now that the wedding is over it's been great to throw myself back into planning something. Sure, a short vacation with friends might not quite size up to the wedding of my dreams, but I'll take what I can get at this point!

Anyone else planning any fabulous vacations?

No comments:

Post a Comment