Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Turning 30

Okay, I am not turning 30 (yet)... I just turned 27, but I'm starting to feel the pressure! It's hard to find yourself creeping closer to a milestone like 30 and reflecting on the things that you did/did not do. Obviously I've done some pretty fantastic things like graduate college, find my first "real" job and get married (!), but there are so many other things that I just tell myself I don't have time to do and instead sit down to watch yet another rerun of "The Office" and chow down on some chips. It's just pure laziness. In order to motivate myself I put together my very own "30 Before 30" lists and I am kinda excited to start working on it.

I tried to make the list as varied as possible and to include a little bit of everything. Some things will require a bit more planning than others (trip to Disney!), some are for my health (things like hiking and running to get myself on a better workout schedule) some are just for fun (cherry blossoms in DC!) and some are for the benefit of others (pay it forward, volunteering). I am not going to beat myself if I don't get to each and every one of these things (that trip to Italy is looking like the most difficult one right now), but I tried to make it as manageable as possible so I don't completely give up and hate myself after two months.

I've actually already started on a few of the things on my list and can't wait to share my progress!

30 Before 30

No comments:

Post a Comment