Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dude, Where's My Couch?

Oh guess what you guys! We still don't have a couch! Yay! I was actually really hoping that it would never come and we could sit on camp chairs for the rest of our lives. Looks like my dream may finally be coming true.

Okay, you know the story. We were told that the couch would arrive in 8 weeks and it's getting closer to 10 weeks with no word from anyone. So the husband decided to give the furniture company a quick call to remind them that we were still alive and wanted our couch and maybe they could deliver it to us soon?

Turns out our sales dude screwed up and forgot to inform us that our fabric was on backorder so we won't actually be receiving our couch until the end of January. Or maybe February. He wasn't really clear on the details and it was obvious that he didn't want to get into even more trouble by giving us an incorrect date.

He did take $100 off our bill though, so that helps, but since we've been couchless since the end of September I would gladly give him that $100 back if it meant that my butt would be enjoying a sweet, comfy couch this weekend. But alas, it is not meant to be.

At this point I'm just praying that we'll have something by President's Day weekend since there is a good chance we will be having some out-of-town visitors that weekend and it would be nice to offer them something to sit in other than a folding chair.

In other news... We've got art! On the walls!


And of course, I don't love it. I love the pieces individually, but I'm not sure if it's the frame colors or the layout, but something about it is irking me. I think the top two frames need to be higher up. Or maybe I need to put something in between the two small frames and the bottom one to break it up a little bit? Not sure. Bear with me on this one, it's a work in a progress.


Suggestions are always welcome, but in the meantime let's take a quick, close-up look at this poster cuz I loves it:



Ignore the glare. Maybe one day I will be a real grown-up blogger that takes pictures with an actual camera instead of my iPhone. In the meantime, many thanks to Karisa for cluing me in to Wine Folly. The second I saw this poster I knew it had to be mine.

Alrighty, that's all I had to share with you today. Time to go relax and sit on my not-couch!

1 comment:

  1. the poster looks great! Now I want one too. It would probably make me think about and drink wine even more often than I already do though, which is probably not something I need in life.

    ReplyDelete