Saturday, January 18, 2014

Mattress Mayhem

I am starting to wonder if I am cursed. No, that's not true. I don't wonder. I know that I am cursed. I've known it for a long time and I am trying to work on accepting this about myself, but it's really hard to admit that everything/anything you try to do will end in failure.

So. I had these big, exciting plans to share our guest bedroom updates with you today. I even have the post typed up and everything! The room is like 90% done which is probably as done as it's ever going to be so I figured it would be a good time to show it off. All I was waiting for was the new mattress. Which (unlike our couch) was not backordered. It actually arrived on time! And it was defective! 

Oh wait. I shouldn't be excited about that last part. Right.


It's not awful, and I know that it's not incredibly noticeable in these photos, but the padding near the top half of the mattress is all bunched up and wrinkly. The bottom half of the mattress looks exactly like it is suppose to, be something is seriously wrong with the top half. If it was just cosmetic I would totally be willing to overlook this, but when you lay down on it it's lumpy and you can even feel it sinking in a bit on the right side. 


Sooooo I called up Macy's customer service and it was actually one of the most pleasant conversations I've ever had with a customer service agent in quite a while! So thanks Macy's! They quickly set up a day to come pick up our bunchy, lumpy mattress and replace it with a new one, no questions asked.

New mattress should be here on Tuesday. Maybe I will have a happy update for ya next week?

1 comment:

  1. It's always so nice to hear when someone has a good customer service experience! Can't wait to see the finished guest room!

    ReplyDelete