Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Mismatched Bedroom

Okay friends, I am in desperate need of some interior design advice. Because I have the world' shortest attention span I decided to make a quick change in our bedroom while simultaneously organizing the kitchen. Woo, productivity! As I mentioned last week, the mister and I recently upgraded our bedroom set. And when I say I upgrade, I mean upgrade. We ordered the king set, which meant a new mattress, new sheets, the works. We did neglect purchasing a few important pieces, including our duvet cover. Which means that we've been using a queen sized comforter on a king bed. Not ideal.

We never meant for it to go on as long as it did. The problem was that we just couldn't decide on a pattern. My husband and I have very different tastes and we literally spent months poring over all of our options. Every once in a while I would get rage-y at the amount of time we spent arguing over a freakin' duvet cover and neither of us would speak of it for a few weeks. Then one of us (me) would bring it up again so we would spend days searching for something we both liked and utterly fail. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Finally, finally, finally we found something (on Overstock of all places) that seemed to appeal to both of us. Before one of us could change our minds I purchased the damn thing and now here we are.




While I am absolutely ecstatic to have a proper cover for our bed, there's just a few residual problems. First of all, the pillows. We're still using full size pillows which look really sad and pathetic on our gigundo mattress. Those plaid shams aren't helping. They came with the duvet cover and I absolutely hate them. They're out.


Next up are the curtains. Yikes. Our original comforter was white with large navy hibiscus flowers so the dark blue curtains were a perfect fit. Now we've got this greenish-grayish-brownish bamboo thing going on and I have no idea what to do for window treatments. All I know is that they need to be insanely dark because my husband is a vampire and will turn to ash if even a sliver of natural light peeks through the curtains.



I feel like I am making this harder than it is. We have a relatively basic color palette to work with and it's just begging for a few pops of color, but I'm at a loss. What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment