Monday, January 7, 2013

Small Moves

I have been doing some soul searching recently. Mostly on my life goals and on the future of this blog. I am a Planner with a capital P and when things don't jive with whatever "plan" I've got going on in my head things get ugly. A few things have not been going according to my "plan" and it's been a bit difficult to deal with it, to say the least.

The most upsetting thing for me right now is the fact that we will most likely not be purchasing a home as soon as I had anticipated. This has led me to feel trapped, frustrated and downright depressed. I hate where we live and I absolutely despise renting. Home ownership has always been a really important goal for me and now that I am married and the wedding is over, it just seemed natural to start looking into purchasing a home with the hubs.

Unfortunately, life rarely abides by simple plans like this and there are just too many factors in our lives right now; factors that continually remind us that this might not be the best time for us to buy. And so, I took some time to think about it and mope about it and I'm ready to make some changes.

Part of my frustration stems from the fact that I never really considered this apartment our home. We moved here right after our engagement and in the back of my mind this place was always just a temporary solution until the wedding. I never actually settled in. Now that it looks like we will be here a bit longer than I thought I am determined to go through our apartment room by room making whatever changes I can as tenant to make this place really feel like home.

So buckle in cuz I'm about to show you the good, the bad, and the really, really ugly of apartment living.

No comments:

Post a Comment