Friday, January 25, 2013

Thanks a Latte!

Yes, horrible, horrible pun. I know. I just couldn't help it. You see, last night I came home to find a little bit of this happening in my living room:




A few weeks ago I had ordered a kitchen cart to make my coffee bar dreams came true. It's actually been sitting around the apartment for a while because when I first went to assemble it the wood top looked like this:


I had ordered it from Wayfair and even though I was disappointed with our damaged goods, I just have to say, they are totally on the ball when it comes to replacements and/or returns. They immediately placed an order for a replacement piece and as soon as it came in the mister got to work. I had planned on assembling it myself and documenting it all for you, but I guess Jason was too excited to wait. By the time I came home from work it was almost completely assembled! He said that it was very time consuming, but the directions were fairly straight forward and he didn't run into too many issues.

As soon as it was finished I rolled that bad boy into the kitchen:


Perfect fit! I spent the rest of the evening moving things around and reorganizing our counters and cabinets. I absolutely love all of the storage space it has:


Woo hoo! I've still got a bit of reorganizing to do and I can't wait to add some shelving just above the cart, but in the meantime check out all this extra counter space.

Before:

After:

I am so excited to have a designated spot to indulge my caffeine addiction and will definitely be testing the new layout this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment