Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflections and Ruminations 2012

Every year I like to take a second to reflect on some of the things I've done in the last year. This is going to be a really long, boring, and narcissistic post about how all-consuming my wedding was this year so feel free to move on to other things if posts like this annoy you.



1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Oh nothing too crazy. Just GOT MARRIED!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I was a lazy fuck who did not make any resolutions this year. I've got a few in mind for 2013 though and I'm hoping to stick to them for once.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? YES! My cousin gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl in April.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Sadly, also a yes. My great-uncle passed away a few days after our wedding.

5. What countries did you visit? Jamaica for our honeymoon!



6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? A home to call our own!

7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? There is only one really. June 30th, 2012. Our wedding day. Seriously one of the happiest days of my life. Although as of right now April 28th is sticking in mind (my bridal shower) and Thanksgiving 2012 will always be famous for the year we hosted our first holiday dinner.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I have two. Is that okay?! First of all, I made huge moves in my professional life. I was promoted from an administrative assistant to a marketing manager in July. In January I was chosen to blog for Weddingbee, which was an incredibly exciting time for me.

9. What was your biggest failure? I never fail. Just kidding! I totally fell off the wagon and failed at sticking to my running routine. I am hoping to get back on track in 2013.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Oh, always. I fell and banged up my knee pretty badly in April and I gave myself a nasty bout of costochondritis in December by pushing myself too hard during my workouts.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Our bedroom furniture set and mattress. (Possibly also the most expensive thing we bought this year.)

Luna approves.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Hands down my parents for their never ending love and support during our engagement and wedding.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Eh, some of our friends behaved rather poorly this year.

14. Where did most of your money go? Ugh, see #11. Also, our wedding.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? So many things to be excited about this year! WEDDING! Seriously? This isn't even fair anymore. Plus all wedding related activities like my shower, bachelorette party and honeymoon. And of course, being chosen to blog for Weddingbee. I am starting to sound like a broken record!

16. What song will always remind you of 2012? I Wanna Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

(a) Happier or Sadder? Way happier!
(b) Thinner or Fatter? Fatter. I kinda gave up on a healthy diet after the wedding.
(c) Richer or Poorer? Richer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I'd exercised more and kept myself in better shape. Definitely hoping to do that in 2013.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Waste countless hours doing absolutely nothing productive on the Internetz.

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2012? We spent Christmas Eve with my parents and father's side of the family. Christmas morning we woke up and opened presents with my parents and brother then drove down to his parents for dinner and more gift exchanges. Definitely a successful, happy and fun Christmas this year!

21. Did you fall in love in 2012? I sound disgusting at this point, but I swear I fell more in love with my husband this year.



22. How many one-night stands? Erm. N/A?

23. What was your favorite TV program? Parks & Rec. I also got into The League which is disturbingly hilarious.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Eh, still hatin' on the same people I've always been hatin' on.

25. What was the best book you read? Fifty Shades of Grey. Bahahahaha. Wow. No. Really... The Hunger Games series was absolutely captivating.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Vitamin String Quartet fo' sho. I know, I am way behind the times.

27. What did you want and get? Married!

28. What did you want and not get? I know this is stupid, but there were so many wedding photos I asked for that just never happened. I am still consumed by this.

29. What was your favourite film of this year? The Hunger Games. Definitely.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went out to dinner with my parents and bestie. Turned 27 this year. Bleck. What an ugly number.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If I had finished putting together our wedding albums!

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Same old shit.

33. What kept you sane? My mom, my husband and Netflix.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Victor Cruz! He is a class act.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? I keep politics off my blog, but I will say the vitriol from both sides during the election season was painful.

36. Who did you miss? My two best friends who live upstate. My parents.

37. Who was the best new person you met? So many Weddingbee bloggers and posters! I made some amazing connections this year.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff. I am still working on this, but I made myself super overwhelmed and stressed out with so many wedding details that really don't matter now that it's all said and done.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “I Wanna Grow Old With You."

40. What are your resolutions for 2013? I want to get back into my exercise routine; I want to really cleanse myself of junk and stop hoarding; I want to take more photos and better document my life.

Here's to a happy and healthy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment