Monday, December 24, 2012

We're Gonna Party Like It's... 2013?

I am either a complete masochist or am just unable to learn from my mistakes because I somehow found myself inviting people over for a New Year's Eve celebration. In the past, Jason and I have held a few holiday parties... Most of which involved ordering a few pizzas and drinking copious amounts of liquor. Unfortunately the creation of Pinterest just won't allow me to act like a college freshman anymore so in an attempt to act like a classy adult for once in my life I've been putting together a fun menu of hors d'oeuvres for our little soiree. Good lord, I sound like an asshole.


  • Prosciutto Wrapped Figs. I am a prosciutto whore. Seriously. You could probably wrapped a banana in prosciutto and I eat that shit up. No, never mind. Probably not. Bananas are disgusting. But what I'm trying to say is that prosciutto is absolutely amazing and I want some right now.
Recipe and photo via Food Network
  • Honey Mustard Chicken Bites. Chicken is a staple in this household. I wouldn't feel right having people over if there wasn't some sort of chicken dish. This seems simple enough even for a fuck-up like me so I'm pretty sure this will be happening.
Recipe and photo via All Recipes
  • Parmesan Bites. Because we're dealing with some vegetarians I've been on the hunt for some unique vegetarian recipes. This one sounds interesting, but I think I'm going to give it a trial run before New Year's in case it tastes like shit.
Recipe and photo via My Recipes

  • Bruschetta. Not much to be said about this one. Our guest list consists of vegetarians and Italians so I'm sure it'll be a crowd pleaser. And it's really easy to make so it's also a host pleaser.
Recipe and photo via Simply Recipes

  • Basil-Mozzerella-Tomato Skewers. Whoever thought of this is a genius. My mother has been servin' up slices of tomato and mozzerella for as long as I can remember. It's so delicious, but so messy. You usually need a knife and fork to really get a good bite without making a mess all over yourself. But this? This changes everything!
Recipe and photo via Simple Foodie

  • Quick and Simple Chocolate Mousse. I am not sure if I am going to attempt this one, but it sounds so intriguing. I'm also in love with the idea of mini foods (although maybe not so much the execution). Even if I don't make it for New Year's I'm hanging on to the recipe for another time because it sounds delicious.

Recipe and photo via Pier 1 Imports (of all places)

  • Raspberry Turnovers. Another intriguing recipe that may or may not make the cut. I'm not much of a baker to begin with and Martha Stewart has the tendency to make really complicated things look too simple so we'll see if I can actually pull this one off.

Recipe and photo via Martha Stewart
  • Rum Balls. Not much to be said here either. I make a mean rum ball. I usually make them when I make Christmas cookies and my husband goes nuts for them. Since I was too lazy to make any cookies this year I'm hoping he'll STFU about it if I get him drunk on rum balls. Heh, balls.
Recipe and photo via All Recipes

That about wraps it up. We're only having about 10 people over and they tend to never show up empty handed so I'm sure there will more than enough food and drink. We'll see how motivated I'm feeling next week, but either way I'll back to share the results!

Any exciting New Year's plans?!

No comments:

Post a Comment